DD-WRT Router L2TP Setup Instructions
WARNING: The L2TP configuration on DD-WRT uses no encryption and is not secure.
- Browse to your DD-WRT Router in your Web Browser
- Select "Setup" under the main menu
- Select "Basic Setup" under the Setup Sub-Menu
- Select "L2TP" under "Connection Type"
- Enter your VPN username in the "User Name" field.
- Enter your VPN password in the "Password" field.
- Enter the L2TP VPN server address you wish to connect to under "Gateway (L2TP Server)". Example: mia-1-us.ironsocket.com. Find the list of Server Addresses on our Network Details Page.
- Select "Yes" under "Require Chap"
- Select "Yes" under "Refuse PAP"
- Select "Yes" under "Require Authentication"
- Select "Keep Alive: Redial Period" under "Connection Strategy"
- Apply the settings to your router
- Your router will save, reboot and automatically connect to the VPN