Samsung Smart TV Region Switch Guide
Samsung Smart TVs will have different apps available depending on what market it is sold in. Samsung TVs sold outside the US are often unable to switch region to the US. Various apps like Vudu are locked down to serial numbers of the TV model and as this limitation is based on hardware it can't be bypassed.
New F-series Samsung TVs have a different process to change app store regions. F-Series instructions can be found below
- Press the Smart Hub button on you remote control
- When Smart Hub has loaded then press », 2, 8, 9, « (fast forward, 2, 8, 9, rewind).
- Under Internet service location, select the country you wish to use. If you wish to view US apps (Vudu, Hulu Plus, etc.) select United States. Please note that you cannot select two regions, that is you cannot have access to Vudu (US) and BBC iPlayer (UK), at the same time. You must repeat these Smart Hub steps every time you want to change region.
- Once you have selected the country you wish to use, press Next
- Click Agree to agree to Terms of Service
- Once you have agreed to the terms, the Smart Hub will need to restart.
- Once Smart Hub has rebooted your can install apps from the new country/region.
Default apps for the new region will be installed and old region apps will be deleted.
How to Change Region on an F-Series Samsung Smart TV
Your TV must be connected to the internet before doing this and note that this will reset your TV to factory settings.
- Select TV as source. Press the Source button and the use the navigation button to select TV.
- Press Menu on the remote control to open menu.
- Select System
- Setup will be selected by default, click to begin the setup.
Note: If setup is greyed out you are not on the TV source, please return to step 1.
- You will begin the on-screen setup that you completed when you first bought your TV. Your previously entered information will be retained.
Note: If you have the new version of the Samsung remote you will find the Mute button on the side of the remote control.
- Select the country you wish to download apps from and click Continue.
- Once you have selected the country let the setup complete.