Setting up HTTP Proxy
Our HTTP Proxy requires your Public IP Address to be authorized to access the service. You can head over to the IP Authorization page to configure your access. We also have this handy guide to follow if you need any help.
The Netflix App on PS3 is currently bypassing PS3's internal proxy settings. You will not be able to unblock Netflix on PS3 with our HTTP Proxy
- Select Settings
- Select Network Settings
- Select Internet Connection Settings
- Select Yes when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
- Select Custom
- Adjust each item as necessary for the network environment in use. The items displayed vary depending on the settings you have selected.
- Proxy Server - Set the proxy server to be used.
- You should use the proxy server geographically located in the place you wish to connect to. If you want to watch BBC you should use a UK proxy server. If you want to watch HULU you should connect to the closest USA server location.
- You can view proxy server addresses on our Network Details page.
- Once you select a proxy server IP address from our Network Details page, enter it in the Proxy Server Address field.
- Enter port 443 into the Port Number field
- Save your configuration and reboot your PS3.
I am using an HTTP proxy to stream content but am still being geo-restricted
Make sure you are using an appropriate proxy server. For example if you wish to access Hulu or another US channel, use a proxy server located in the US. If you are connecting to an appropriate server, you may also need to do the following:
I am unable to connect to the HTTP Proxy server
- Clear your DNS cache. See the guide here: How to Flush your DNS (WikiHow Guide)
- Clear your browser cache. See the guide here: How to Clear your Browser Cache (Yahoo Guide)
- Clear your browser cookies. See the guide here: How to Clear your Browser Cookies (WikiHow Guide)
- Check your connection settings and make sure SSL Proxy or Secured Web Proxy (HTTPS) is configured. See the step-by-step setup guide for your device if applicable.
Try using a Ping tool to test connectivity to the proxy server. To do so, type the following command at a Command Prompt if you are using Windows or Terminal if using Mac or Linux, and then press ENTER:
Replace IP_ADDRESS with the IP address of the proxy server you are attempting to connect to. If you are unable to access the proxy server using the Ping tool, check that you have the correct address. Check our Network Details page to see the list of HTTP Proxy IP addresses. If you have the correct IP address and are still unable to connect, try using another HTTP Proxy server.
For Additional Information:
How to Ping on Windows (iiHelp Guide)
How to Ping on Mac OS (WikiHow Guide)
I am using Dynamic DNS but my IP is not yet Authorized
If you have installed a Dynamic Update Client (DUC) on your computer, make sure that it is running. Also ensure that your DDNS name is entered and still exists in the IP authorization slot in the member's area. Please note that when your account expires, your IP authorization slots are cleared. If you renew after your subscription expires, you will have to re-enter your DDNS name.